Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Electricity on occasion

I apologize for the lack of posts.  I have been swamped by Myanmar life. When I am not acting out English to my students or climbing temples, I am sleeping off the miles of biking on unpaved roads.
.... And when I do find five minutes of wifi, the electricity goes out...
I did not anticipate the effect of the monsoon storms. They are similar to the usual thunderstorms in Baltimore. These downpours are harmless if you're sitting with tea, reading Hemingway from the safety of your dry bedroom window. But in this desert, there are few trees to prevent erosion and poor infrastructure to keep you dry. The power lines are as thick and about as durable as my hair tie and therefore have a tendency to tangle in the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment